Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love your style!


"Love your Style"
22x28, acrylic on canvas
The Magic Wand, Winter Garden, FL


Inspirational words adorn all 4 sides of the canvas


Well, our family hairdresser, Aunt Audrey, did some minor remodeling in her shop, The Magic Wand in Winter Garden, FL and so I told her I would help her fill the wall space with something inspirational!  And...here it is!  I must say, it came out better than I had expected!  I don't do people very well and purposely chose a face style that would not feature my weakest areas (the eyes on a face!).  I hope this inspires everyone as they sit in the chairs at the shop and "get all made up"!
  


It has been a while since I did a batch of graffiti birds!  I just love them!
I made a batch for Artistree's Valentine's event. 


These mini 5x5 art blocks are perfect for displaying on a desk, in a kitchen or bathroom.
I had three extra 5x5 wood frames in my studio closet and needed to get rid of them.  So I modified
some of my new Mixed Media/Illustration prints to fit within the dimensions of this mini layout and then had
them printed on canvas and I wrapped them myself around the wood.  I only did three of them so I guess that makes them somewhat "limited edition". 

They are at Artistree right now...on the shelves...looking for a home to bring joy and color to!


Take time to warm the soul bookmark
Now available in my Etsy shop!


I hope that everyone has had a creative and artful week so far!  It is now Thursday and February appears to be flying by just as fast as January did!  I have 3 art events coming up in the month of March....so I will be very, very busy creating...starting now!

I have got to get going now though!  Going to get my hair done this morning and dropping off Aunt Audrey's new painting!  I hope she loves it!

Till next time, Be calm.  Be strong.  Be grateful.

Live Artfully,
JM

1 comment:

  1. I love the big painting, you did a great job on the face! And I do adore those little birds- very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete