Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The First Step...



I have been reading several books lately regarding how to simplify my life.  Several of the books I am reading are by the same author, Elaine St. James.  I am reading her books titled: "Simplify Your Life", "Inner Simplicity" and last, "How to Simplify Your Life with Kids".

In her book, "Simplify Your Life", the first step is to declutter your life.  I am doing this task right now in my household.  A new year means new stuff too....Christmas presents/toys that my girls got, new clothes, new pots or pans, etc.  So...out with the old and in with the new!  I can't keep it all right!?!?  The good thing is that I am not a pack rat.  And neither is my husband, so we both happily throw stuff away.  And trust me...it can be such a wonderful feeling!  Have you tried it???  If not, please do!  It can alleviate stress and help keep your household easier to manage on a daily basis.  So don't be afraid to go through those closets, those drawers, those cabinets, bookshelves, etc. and get rid of the clothes, books, glasses, sets of sheets, you name it...that you have not used in years!  You know we all have our favorite items we like to use....so JUST use those!!!  Why keep all of that extra stuff???

Have fun decluttering!

Live Artfully,
JM

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you need to come to my house, maybe you can shame me into decluttering. I have such a problem. I love your blog- just started reading. You are truly inspiring Jennifer! See you soon! (It's me, Corrie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I need to declutter too. My Christmas decorations are still all over my dining room waiting to be put away! Ugh!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete